Check out these two job openings at The Sun Sentinel in Florida.
The Sun Sentinel seeks an aggressive, experienced editor who is a strong leader to take charge of its Business department.
The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with solid news judgment and outstanding management skills. He or she will lead a department of one assistant editor and nine reporters.
The Business Editor will direct coverage from a consumer perspective to give us new approaches to storytelling in print and online while emphasizing useful, local and unique content. We’re looking for an innovative, resourceful, collaborative editor who embraces change and understands the Sun Sentinel’s audience.
Sophisticated editing, planning and digital skills are a must, along with the ability to work with the staff to aggressively develop business/consumer news and enterprise coverage.
Applicants should submit a resume, samples of work and a vision statement to Associate Editor Anne Vasquez, email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> .
PALM BEACH COUNTY BUREAU CHIEF:
The Sun Sentinel seeks a smart, aggressive and inspirational leader to take charge of its Palm Beach County news team. This is a critical position in our core circulation area and it requires an editor with established and exceptional journalism and leadership abilities.
This editor will lead a team of one assistant editor and 10 reporters based in our Deerfield Beach newsroom, and will directly supervise some reporters.
This editor must:
- Clearly communicate expectations and effectively develop and lead staff to meet those expectations.
- Foster a culture in which staffers aim high, grow and succeed — and have fun doing it.
- Be creative, resourceful and effective in shaping and delivering a thorough, high-relevance local news report tailored for south Palm Beach County readers.
- Ensure that south Palm Beach County news on SunSentinel.com is fresh and thorough, quickly updated and effectively presented.
- Continuously assess south Palm Beach County news-gathering efforts and initiate changes as needed to stay ahead of competitive shifts and demands.
Applicants should submit a resume, vision statement and samples of work that demonstrate the skills they would bring to the job to Metro Editor Dana Banker, email@example.com .